Skilled Migration to Australia

Portuguese who are under 50 years old, speak English, are highly skilled and are likely to make an immediate contribution to the Australian economy, may be eligible for the General Australian Skilled Visa program.

Skilled visas offer permanent residency (migration) and unrestricted working rights for highly skilled applicants. This is a points based system, with some basic information from you we can give you an appraisal on your eligibility.

Why choose Ausvisto for your skilled visa?

  • We will help you plan and prepare your Australian skilled visa application

  • Providing you with quality, expert advice on Australian skilled visas

  • We will lodge your Australian skilled visa

  • Providing you with upfront expectations and an assessment of your situation

  • High success rate for skilled visas

  • Results driven Team


How Ausvisto can help

We will meet with you and assess your eligibility.  In the event you do not meet the criteria, there may be other options available to you, such as an employer sponsored visa.  There are also a range of visa subclasses under the Australian Skilled Visa division which offer entry into the Australian workforce on a permanent or temporary basis.


A temporary visa allowing overseas students who do not meet the criteria for a permanent General Skilled Migration visa to remain in Australia for 18 months to gain skilled work experience or improve their English language skills. This visa has no restrictions on work, study and travel.


An 18 month temporary visa for graduates of recognised overseas educational institutions who have skills in demand in Australia. This visa allows recent graduates of selected overseas universities to gain up to 18 months of skilled work experience in occupations in demand in Australia.


The Skilled Regional visa (subclass 887) is for people who have an eligible visa and have lived for at least two years and worked for at least one year in a specified regional area. You must be in Australia when you apply for this visa and when the visa is granted.


The Skilled-Independent visa (subclass 189) is a permanent residence visa for points-tested skilled workers who want to work and live in Australia. To be able to apply for this visa you need to submit an expression of interest and then be invited through SkillSelect to apply.


The Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) is a permanent residence visa for points-test skilled workers who want to work and live in Australia after being nominated by an Australian state or territory government agency.


A four-year provisional visa for people who are unable to meet the criteria for a permanent skilled visa. You must be sponsored by an eligible relative living in Australia or be nominated by a participating State or Territory government agency.

Are you Eligible?

The Australian immigration system is complex and offers multiple avenues for skilled migrants to enter the country. It is our experienced migrations agents job to assess and advise on the best pathway available for you and undertake the whole application on your behalf. Contact us today and find out more about your options.


Sign Me Up. Don’t Miss Out! - Get Aussie Updates such as news articles and opportunities. 100% Privacy – We will never spam you. Check out our Privacy Policy if you want more information.